Monday – Steady Run – 7:00pm Jesmond Pool
Wednesday – Interval Session – 7:00pm Jesmond Pool
Monday night training is a steady run with three groups leaving the pool for a run from 40 mins to an hour:
Bronze: 10 min/mile suitable for those running 10k in 1 hour +
Silver: 8-9 min/mile suitable for those running 10k in 45 minutes – 1 hour
Gold: 7-8 min/mile suitable for those running 10k in less than 45 minutes
Wednesday night training is interval work. This will include hill work, intervals of varying distances or time and other sessions. for an explanation of why we do reps sessions please check out this link from Run Britain http://www.runbritain.com/training/runfaster/repetition-or-interval-training
Examples of these sessions include:
Long Reps at Threshold Pace
- 5 x 5 mins (1 – 3 minute recovery)
- 3 x 10 mins (1 – 4 minute recovery)
- 10 mins, 5 mins, 10 mins (1 – 4 minute recovery)
- Pyramid 1 – 2 – 3 – 5 – 3 – 2 – 1 (1 min recovery)
- 8 x 800 m at 5km pace (jog recovery)
- 5 x 1km at 5km pace (jog recovery)
- 3 sets of 800m, 600m, 200m (jog recovery)
- 1 min out and backs x 8 – 1 min minute recovery.
- Moor Hills (10 minutes continuous)
- Jesmond Vale Lane 8 x 90 seconds
- Matthew Bank Hills – 1 min up jog down recovery
Some members will target longer races, for instance a Spring or Autumn marathon and of course the Great North Run. Members will informally organise long runs on a Saturday or Sunday at the Monday group pace.
These are advertised on our Facebook page.