Club Training Sessions We are currently running socially-distanced sessions in accordance with Government and England Athletic guidelines. The days/times of these vary. Please email the Club Secretary at email@example.com if you would like to join us.
Monday sessions are usually a steady run
Wednesday sessions are usually intervals/reps
Both sessions start promptly at 7:00pm from Jesmond Pool
Monday night training is usually a steady run with three groups leaving the pool, running c.45-55mins
- Bronze: 8:30 min/mile and slower (suitable for those running 10k in 60+ minutes)
- Silver: 8 to 8:30 min/mile (suitable for those running 10k in 47-60 minutes
- QuickSilver: 7:30 to 8: min/mile (suitable for those running 10k in 40-47 minutes
- Gold: 7 to 7:30 min/mile (suitable for those running 10k in under 40 minutes)
Step Up Monday: First Monday of each month have the opportunity to try out the next group up.
No one gets left behind!
Wednesday night training is interval/reps work. This will include hill work, long/short reps, fartlek and other sessions.
For an explanation of why we do reps sessions please check out this link from Run Britain http://www.runbritain.com/training/runfaster/repetition-or-interval-training
Examples of these sessions include:
Long Reps at Threshold Pace
- 5 x 5 mins (1 – 3 minute recovery)
- 3 x 10 mins (1 – 4 minute recovery)
- 10 mins, 5 mins, 10 mins (1 – 4 minute recovery)
- Pyramid 1 – 2 – 3 – 5 – 3 – 2 – 1 (1 min recovery)
- 8 x 800 m at 5km pace (jog recovery)
- 5 x 1km at 5km pace (jog recovery)
- 3 sets of 800m, 600m, 200m (jog recovery)
- 1 min out and backs x 8 – 1 min minute recovery.
- Moor Hills (10 minutes continuous)
- Jesmond Vale Lane 8 x 90 seconds
- Matthew Bank Hills – 1 min up jog down recovery
Some Club members will target longer races, for instance a Spring or Autumn marathon and of course the Great North Run. Members will informally organise long runs on a Saturday or Sunday at the Monday group pace.
These are advertised on our Facebook page.