Harrier League Cross Country
The North East Harrier League (NEHL) takes place between late September and April incorporating six League meetings, The Sherman Cup; also the Northern and National Cross Country Championships.
Cross Country is a great way to get involved with the club and meet new members.
Club Captains for this season:
- Men’s Club Captain: Simon Wells
- Women’s Club Captain: Kate Black
Start Fitness North East Harrier League Cross Country Fixtures 2017-2018
- Sat 30th Sept 2017 - Wrekenton
- Sun 8th Oct 2017 - Druridge Bay
- Sat 28th Oct 2017 - Sherman Cup, Temple Park
- Sat 18th Nov 2017 - Aykley Heads
- Sat 6th Jan 2018 - Herrington Park
- Sat 10th Feb 2018 - Thornley Hall Farm, Peterlee
- Sat 17th Mar 2018 - Alnwick Castle
To run in the Start Fitness NE Harrier League you need to be affiliated with or registered to a North East Running/Athletics Club.
Further details can be found at Start Fitness Harrier League
We are the Champions
The Senior Women’s XC Team won their division in the League 2016/17.
Claire Biercamp was awarded the Women’s Runner of the Season Award.
The Men’s Team achieved a very respectable 5th position in their division.
Michael Hedley, in his last appearance for the JJs was awarded Men’s Runner of the Season Award